Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,
Welcome to the Islamic Literary Society Reading Club, in collaboration with the Iqbal Centre, University of Leeds. The aims and objectives of the ILS Reading Club are to engage with contemporary literary works that encourage a greater and better understanding of Islam.
Reading Club information:
Time and date:
Last Sunday of May 29th 2022
The Reading Club will be co-hosted by members of the Islamic Literary Society and Iqbal Centre, University Leeds and will take place through Zoom. The Zoom link will be emailed using the email provided by the Reading Club member.
End of each session, members will be given three titles and will have to vote on one of them for the following month’s reading.
Terms and conditions
– Sessions will be recorded by ILS the for purposes of archiving. No other members are permitted to record and, should any recording take place, it must be understood that such any recording and the content therein does not represent the official position of ILS.
– The recording will NOT be uploaded to any platform, including on the ILS website.
– Each member should read the book or the necessary chapters before the meeting.
– Each member is welcome to contribute to the discussion.
– All members are forbidden from expressing views and opinions that are harmful to themselves, the Islamic Literary Society and to the Iqbal Centre, University of Leeds.
– Members must not say or express any views that are considered harmful and illegal within the British legal system.
– Each member is fully responsible for their views and understandings of the reading material. Such views in no way or shape represent the position of Islamic Literary Society and Iqbal Centre, University of Leeds.
– The content of the reading materials are of their respected authors and in no way or shape represent the position of Islamic Literary Society and Iqbal Centre.
– Islamic Literary Society and Iqbal Centre are only providing a group reading platform. Any actions or behaviours by any members during the session or any outside session does not have any link or association with Islamic Literary Society and Iqbal Centre.
– Islamic Literary Society and Iqbal Centre are independent establishments and are independent of each other.
By registering for the Reading Club, it is assumed that the Reading Club member has read and agreed with the Terms and conditions.