Other Words; An international journal of Creative writing. Journal serves as a platform primarily designed to exhibit the creative prowess of Muslims through the presentation of their literary talents, encompassing poetry, short stories, and prose compositions.
“Other Words, an international journal of creative writing, is a digital bi-annual publication by the Islamic Literary Society.
• Please submit your work to the ILS email at email@example.com.
- Please submit a maximum of six poems or two short stories, all within a single document. Include a brief introduction to the poems and a short biography. Additionally, provide a PDF copy of the same document.
- Include your name, email, and, if possible, your phone number.
- All submitted poems or short stories must be unpublished.
- Authors retain the rights to their work but are requested to acknowledge ILS as the source of its initial publication.
- If there is a need to withdraw the poem(s) or short stories, please communicate via email at least two weeks before the publication date.
- The Islamic Literary Society will not accept poems or short writings that contradict the values of Islamic teachings based on the Sunni tradition.
- The publication is limited to works within the Sunni Islamic traditions, and any submission that opposes traditional Islam will be rejected.
- Any poetry or short story conflicting with the teachings of Islam in general will be rejected.• While encouraging creative expression within the boundaries of Islam and its principles, the journal will not publish any poetry or short stories that are directly offensive to any religious group, political party, or individual.
Submissions are open now for July publication.
All submissions must be submitted by 29th of June 2024